Since the beginning of the industrial revolution the ocean has become increasingly more acidic due to uptake of atmospheric CO2. Highly spatial and temporal monitoring of pH is becoming more and more important for ocean health. pH is the number one chemical measurement taken in industry and ANB Sensors Ltd, a UK micro-SME, have identified and filed multiple patents for a disruptive, enabling technology which allows for the measurement of pH in demanding aqueous media, such as seawater and drinking water, without the need for calibration. This calibration free approach opens up markets that were previously inaccessible. They have a clear route to market with strategic partners and potential licensees already identified and are currently looking for a Commercialisation Officer to help them get this exciting technology to commercialisation in 2020.
ANB Sensors Ltd have ambitious growth plans over the next five years and are looking for a talented individual to support their product growth strategy in a full time Commercialisation Officer role.
The successful candidate will initially be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing the sales strategy
- Interacting with existing potential customers to maximise the value of the relationships
- Prospect and develop new customers within the dedicated sales territory
- Customer visits to support the customer needs and requirements
- Pricing and margin strategy
- Management of accounts, focussing on price negotiation, logistics and project management
- Survey and reporting of the latest developments within the market, with a specific focus on competitor actions and strategies
- Representing the company during industrial exhibitions and conferences
As the company grows, the scope of the role will expand to cover:
- Support financial targets for growing the business through introduction of new products, developed out of the research activities
- Input into novel business models for product delivery as part of detailed business cases for new products
- Develop personal networks with customers and stakeholders in target markets and use those networks to capture market needs for new services as well as obtaining feedback on their experience of existing sensors to inform future enhancements.
- Leadership and line management of the sales and marketing teams to take new services to market, developing suitable channels to target segments and supporting multi-media sales collateral material
- Identification of the appropriate channels to markets eg direct sales to end-users, platform OEMs, re-sellers/distributors, or through partners
- Providing input into licensing and commercial agreements
- Forecasting sales volumes based on order rates and customer/application and market potential growth
- Prompt attention to administrative requirements including monthly reports, sales status and forecasts, inventory status, budgets, expense reports etc
- Leading BD and Sales teams to capture new domestic and international business opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Ability to establish and nurture customer trust
- Creative, energetic and entrepreneurial approach, in-line with an SME environment
- Commercial awareness including intuitive risk and opportunity assessment – able to manage and work within agreed customer and business budgets
- Proactive team member and team leader who can motivate and lead by example
- Skilled at working effectively across teams, both internally and externally
- A strong and clear communicator. Confident working with technical and non-technical audiences with a variety of stakeholders at different levels of seniority and knowledge
- Outstanding problem solving, time management, decision making & people influencing skills
- Dedication, flexibility and the readiness for frequent travelling
- In order to realise the full potential of the exciting role, the successful candidate will need to be prepared for significant international travel.
- At least five years’ experience in sales of technical products, preferably in the field of chemical sensors/water industry
- Business, marketing or science/engineering degree
- High level of organization with the capability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Excellent communication skills required with a focus on customer interaction and sales
- Strong motivation and results oriented focus
- Familiar with standard sales strategies, processes and procedures
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills
- Effectively uses knowledge, experience, situation analysis and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Experience and/or understanding of different commercial models
- Recent experience both in business strategy development, and in the introduction of new products into new markets.
- Experience in product/system integration on underwater vehicles
- Personal experience of winning new business
- Demonstrable track record of meeting business capture and/or sales targets as a business capture or sales leader
- Proven ability to develop market strategies that create opportunities, including product development / market pricing
- Previous BD and strategy experience
- Understanding of the International water sensors market
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person who wants to drive significant change and enormous growth in the water quality sensor market.
Get in touch via http://www.anbsensors.com/contact-us/ for more details.