About ANB Sensors
ANB sensors have developed a cost effective, smart, self-calibrating, low maintenance pH sensor for use across all sensing platforms, including ocean monitoring and water resource management, that can be networked for use in the Internet of Things and with operating costs 70% less than existing sensors.
Existing pH sensor technology, the glass electrode, has been around for almost 100 years. Millions of glass electrodes are sold each year to meet the need for measuring pH in fields such as pharmaceutical, water management, food & beverage, environmental & ocean monitoring. While the glass electrode is the accepted go to sensor for pH measurement, it suffers from a fundamental operating issue, the need for manual calibration because of reference electrode drift. Reference electrode drift reduces the accuracy of the sensor and adds up to 70% of the operating cost of the sensor.
ANB Sensors Solutions
Calibration Free Sensing
We have developed a new electrochemical sensor technology which uses the market accepted, ubiquitous glass electrode, but provides for autonomous, in-situ, calibration of the electrode. This lack of manual calibration provides the following value proposition:
- is at least 70% cheaper to operate and maintain.
- can be deployed for extended periods of time for autonomous sensing.
- can be deployed in an autonomous sensor network, extending use to new fields.
Solid State Sensing
Our technology is also the basis for a solid-state sensor that will open up whole new markets. The solid-state pH technology provides further value building on in-situ calibration, including:
- Removal of storage issues of the glass electrode, since unlike glass electrodes, our solid-state sensor can be stored dry.
- Robust, since we do not use glass, meaning it can be used more easily in the food and beverage industries.
- At least 20% cheaper to purchase than the glass electrode.
Traction & Achievements
We have secured in excess of £1.3M of grant funding to date, most recently an SMEi H2020 EU grant fund worth €1.1 M. More details of this can be found at www.anbphenom.eu
We were a winner of the Cofinitive TOP21 One to Watch competition and in the 2019 Business Weekly Killer50. In 2018 we were finalists at both the RSC Emerging Technologies Competition and the Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards.