This document describes how to convert from a RS485 system to a RS232 system and vice-versa. This will need to be done when uploading new firmware through ANB Sensors Data Retrieval Unit.
2. RS485 – RS232
- Using your RS485 interface enter RS232!
- You will see a message explaining that the change will not take place until the unit is powered down
- You are now ready to use your system as a RS232 interface
3. RS232 – RS485
THE SENSOR SHOULD NOT BE COLLECTING DATA WHEN CONNECTED TO THE DATA RETRIEVAL UNIT
- Plug the Data Retrieval Unit (DRU) into the USB port of a computer ensuring the S1100 is disconnected from the DRU
- Launch Tera Term
- On Set-up menu select serial port from the drop down. In the resulting window select the correct com port
- Select speed = 9600, Data = 8bit, Parity = none, Stop bits = 1, flow control = none. Click OK
- On Set-up menu select terminal and new line options in resulting window should be Receive = Auto and Transmit = CR
- Ensuring the sensor is dry and disconnected from power, plug the DRU connector to the subconn connector on the S1100
- Wait for the system to beep once, the sensor is now ready to operate
- Enter RS485!
- Disconnect sensor from DRU, you can now re-install the sensor into your RS485 system
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.